Saturday, October 29, 2011

Two Kinds of Leg Pain

On Saturday I competed in the Missoula Taekwondo Championships. I won forms 5-0 and 4-1. In sparring, I got a decent lead going into the third round and waited out the clock. Although the other kid got a few points, I was able to hold on and win. The second match had questionable scoring, although I was beaten fair and square. I lost 11-7, and settled for second place (and a slightly pulled hamstring).

Sunday was the second day of Rolling Thunder, probably the biggest CX event in the state. To use the word "race" would be wrong. "Superfestival of Muddy Bikes and Crazy Fast Riders" would be a better definition. The night before, the Men's Cat 1 was led by a guy on a single speed for the majority of the race. He was beaten out in the sprint, but had and amazing race non the less. On I raced on Sunday, and despite a crash going into a rather sketchy corner, finished fourth. I really was third, although the kid who would've gotten second had a crazy crash and didn't finish, bumping a friend of mine up to second and me up to third. He would have beaten me though, so for all general purposes, I was fourth. And had road rash on my leg. And my arm.

1 comment:

  1. uh, dude...blog post, please. it's nov 11...nothing for two weeks. come on!

    ReplyDelete